Sign in to follow this  
N3 | r@ve #awpPROTEGE

Unban Request for ReyaIP

@Silas@rollin@N3 | Bootyman@n3 | SteinSHOT

I got a message from one of my friend list asking to unban him from the n3 server. I went and saw the reason. @14-vvarrior-player-n3 was the admin and reason was for swearing recorded on 19 Oct 2019 - 15:09:02, And if demo was recorded? I just wanna know if swearing should be permanent ban? and I want to go ahead and ask for your guys opinion whether to unban him or if he needs to apply here to get unban. Thanks everyone for cooperating.

~[email protected]~

rave.png.fcbac56a417bb95b9e1c05ac7f791869.png

i doubt your "friend" gave the full story they never do, he was probably excessively cursing and was warned to stop. I'd prefer that he makes an account and posts his unban himself so that we can actually get the full story cause cursing could mean alot of things

@N3 | Bootyman Thanks for the reply. As I told him that we encourage cursing to other players. He said that he called someone a "cunt", also he was playing in n3 before it was boosted or even when we had problems when reviving it. I totally agree with banning him, but I just think banning permanent for cursing/swearing. If its directly to the admin I would ban, but prolly like just days or warn him?

It should be a day, if it continues & becomes a problem then I’d say Perm Banned.

• Like 1

He has been unbanned, we'll watch him in the server and ill personally ban him myself if shit gets out of hand.

I don't know what happened so I'll just give my opinion on banning someone for cursing.  I would never ban someone for cursing.  But I would ban someone for being toxic.  I would also ban someone for not following a reasonable request.  I think each admin should be allowed to handle a situation however they see fit and we should respect that everyone has different triggers.  We do need guidelines to fall within though.  Perm ban for cursing alone is over kill.  Can't speak on what happened without hearing from 14 and the person who was banned.  In court, if you don't show up to argue your case, the opposing party wins.

• Like 1

sig-rollin.png

I believe someone needs to represent themselves in an unban request that way both parties(Banned, Admin) can be heard directly regarding a contested situation. Swearing could have simply been a static menu item that closely represented what the admin believed the situation to be. Without hearing both sides i would have to believe an admin acted appropriately. This is some of why i believe Rollin is trying to determine common ban situations that may arise to determine appropriate logging and action for said incidents.

• Like 1

513124_1.jpg

We should all act as a team. and I really thank everyone who replied. I myself would have ban him, but as rollin said its an overkill for a perm ban. I was asking for ya'lls suggestions and if he does talk to admin directly again. or any admin I would give him a warning first and then ban for like a week then if he does it again, should be a perm ban. what ya guys think? it applies for all 😛

week is over kill too 1 day ban is good enough unless they persist

@Silas @N3 | Bootyman @n3 | SteinSHOT @N3 | [email protected] #awpPROTEGE

The best solution I could come up with moving forward is that permanent bans made for something other than cheating should only be made by a server manager, staff, or community manager.  So if an admin wishes to have a player banned past the static ban time we've agreed to set, they need to make a request here in the forums and we can handle it from there.  Unless someone disagrees or has a better idea, we can add this to admin rules and make a new forum section in the admin area for this.

• Like 1

sig-rollin.png

Agreed. That’s the best option

2 hours ago, 14-vvarrior-player-n3 said:

Oh I'm just now seeing this. If n-bombs are okay then sure unban him.

Racism is not allowed, but as we mentioned above if it persists after being banned for Racism, Bad-Mouthing Admins, etc for least one day then he shouldn't be able to play in our servers.

i havent even seen him since he was unbanned

@14-vvarrior-player-n3 no, racism is a NO NO to our server, but before banning them permanently, we need to have demos for evidence purposes. Anything we do that will result in banning of a steamer, we have to back ourselves up by having evidences/witnesses. That's why I did tagged you as well to let us know your side of story.