.jen

..so lets talk about the awp

Limit awps on De_Dust2?  

28 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Limit awps on De_Dust2?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/06/2020 at 10:12 PM

imo, there are too many awp players in a single session of the game. It kind of takes away the fun of the game tbh
You start of T spawn - sniped

You go mid - sniped

You go cat - sniped

You go B - sniped

You go long - sniped

You take a sip of water - sniped

You get my point

I've been changing it up myself, been changing up between rifles, awp and even pistols and when I'm really bored or don't want people to disconnect from our server then I've been using mac10, ump and tmp. btw, all of this is coming from myself who is decent with the awp and could go toe to toe with anyone

Just to provide some perspective, most servers these days will completely restrict the awp or what I have typically seen is 2 awp per team unless you have special status (VIP, etc). I think we have an opportunity to find the happy medium on our own server.

Recommendation - 32 player server, 16 players per team, 4 awps max per team

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Awp is paid? No problem 🤣

throw away make it rain GIF

+1 I'm down to restrict awp btw.

Edited by Juba </3
  • Like 1

We voted for this awhile back.  We could run the vote again I guess if ppl here feel strongly enough about it.  I think that no awp restriction sets us apart from other servers because they all have awp restriction which used to bug me when i was server hopping.  Many people agreed with this when we voted. 

I don't awp much but when i do its usually cuz an awper killed me.  It would be annoying to keep getting awped and not be able to buy one to face off with them.  I don't awp much and i think the awpers are ez to kill, not a problem for me and its part of the game.  Just turn on Pro Mode 😄....

I like jubas idea, something we also discussed back in the day, adding VIP features with one of them being no awp limit... Might have to try and figure something out for that.  I also have been thinking about the VIP plugin more, I really like the gold and black ak's and m4's models for VIPs.  Could also help us with funding @ $5 per month or something for VIP access.

• Like 2

sig-rollin.png

I like the awp. I think it should stay.

• Like 1

I agree with @rollin, awpers are easy to kill because of their recovery time and offcourse they have huge disadvantage in closed combat too.

There are players in the server who kill the awpers even before they can open the scope (freakin @StrVs being one of the examples lol) also we have smoke nades in place too.

We can give a try by restricting 4 or 5 awps may be and see how it goes.

• Like 1

@rollin I'm up for running another vote, I do agree that restricting awps to only have a couple available per team would be a good thing.

I think restricting awps can go both ways. I don't mind having awp restriction with 4 or 5 guys since sometimes it bugs me too when i play against 5 awpers all at once and die after killing 1. Just waiting for other awpers like @-=Evil Clown=- & @MissDenise to comment lol.

• Haha 1

"Yesterday is a history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift... that's why it is called the PRESENT"                                                           

--- Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda

Anyways, for awp criteria, my proposal:

16 players per team (32 total)-

Players>=14 and <=16: 5 AWP limit

Players>= 10 and <=13: 4 AWP limit

Players >=8 and <10: 3 AWP limit

Players <8 and >=5: 2 AWP limit

Players < 5 : 1 AWP limit

This way we won't remove any awp even when playing 1 vs 1.

OR

any other proposal, please feel free to forward. 

VIPs can dodge the limit above.

• Like 4

"Yesterday is a history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift... that's why it is called the PRESENT"                                                           

--- Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda

No restriction vote from me, As much as I hate it I do see its usefulness for both sides.

• Like 2

513124_1.jpg

no vote for me i like the awp and im nobody without it 💔 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sig-velvet.png.6c390d7249aa65bad3093e0edd3e728b.png

ok maybe i am but i have to play like noob to let the regulars play like they think they are god 💔 ill just lethal inject all ofem ❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

sig-velvet.png.6c390d7249aa65bad3093e0edd3e728b.png

the only reason i created an account on here is to vote for limiting the awps

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why don't we limit AKs?  Let's limit M4s too while we're at it, and if we don't win the first vote, we'll wait a bit and run it again...eventually we'll get the outcome we desire instead of just learn how to use what's available in the game (flashes, smokes, jumps) to gain an advantage.

• Like 2

People sayin they're nobody without awps, this could be a good opportunity to get good with other guns 😛  lol. I wouldn't agree to completely restrict awp, but limiting it sounds like a good idea, people that are quick on the buy can pretty much always get their awp anyways, if you're slow then... Get faster if u wanna awp! 😛 Limiting it isn't the end of the world, it's not like you're never going to be able to awp anymore in our server...

• Like 1

Restriction for sure 😁...

And the propose from Bada is very good.

So lets see what vote do 😉

• Like 2

I think everyone knows how i feel about the AWP, so i voted to at least restrict the number per team, im decent at CS and i personally like to have fun but when there r 8-10 people buying awps every round on each team thats why we cant keep a steady number of people on the server. 

• Like 1

it's 2020 nd still peeps want to restrict stuff from cs1.6 ? xd. You have to understand that, these weapons are there for a purpose, part of the game, can't be restrict since then it's no fun no challenging at all. I understand that 98% times nd chances, players have awps nd camp it around specific places like mid, long a, a bomb site, b bomb site. It's not like only 1 team ish getting the awps nd other don't, its for both teams, equally. We had this vote on the awp thingi long time back nd it ended up getting No -Restriction to awp votes so it stayed like that. Most of the times it's really easy to tackle, dodge nd evade awp gun but it depends on each player's game style nd thought process with the gameplay. To tackle it, can counter that with scout too, way faster scouting, reloading speed nd firing rate but awp only has like umm more damage precision like 1 hit - dead but scout  - mainly body = 2  /3 hits but 1 hit dead = neck or head area. Flash nades 'em to tackle nd dodge 'em. In my opinion, awp shouldn't be restrict at all since it's more fun, challenging gameplay but can be limit to 4 - 5 awps per team. Also, I would recommend awpers to just like keep moving though instead of waiting on players to come to u or camping in the same place. Standing in 1 place with awp or camping with it, it's really not fun at all unless u're surrounded by enemies or u kn the enemies gonna come over that specific area or protecting dropped c4.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

spacer.png

tetrixkitty.gif.b4bfda616e6a06d77b9fa800230d1fb4.gif

On 1/3/2020 at 7:13 AM, Juba 💔 said:

I agree with @rollin, awpers are easy to kill because of their recovery time and offcourse they have huge disadvantage in closed combat too.

There are players in the server who kill the awpers even before they can open the scope (freakin @StrVs being one of the examples lol) also we have smoke nades in place too.

We can give a try by restricting 4 or 5 awps may be and see how it goes.

in our public game setting, awps do have an advantage. Restriction is up for debate, but to question the superiority of awp? .....